Sunday, March 4, 2012

CT invite and other updates

I checked my email today and instead of a bunch of boring mail, I was invited to be a guest on a CT for one of my favorite designers!  I was so excited when I told my husband and he says "that's great, hon!  How much do they pay?" Men. They just don't get it! He completely doesn't understand my obsession with scrapbooking or Pinterest,  but he supports me anyway with his "that's great, hon!"  I believe I am going to accept it, but I need to give it some thought (really, I need to psych myself up to believe I am good enough) and contact the designer before I post who it is yet. Did I mention I AM SO EXCITED??!!

The reason he asked how much it pays is because we've been talking about me getting a part time job. To be honest, I'm a little scared. I haven't worked since I was pregnant with my now 20 mos old son. It's been a while, and I don't really want to go back to being a CNA. I was good at it, the pay was okay, but it was exhausting and sooo stressful. I did get a part time job this summer; but it didn't work out; they didn't have work to fit my needs and it was pretty much a waste. I don't want to go through that again. The tough this is, I don't know what kind of hours to work because I never know when my husband is going to be home, some days he works 8 hours, some days up to 12 and we certainly can't afford a babysitter for 3 kids. I'm thinking about trying something at the local craft store or garden center a few hours a week. I wish I could just work from home. I don't want to miss anything with my kids....

So I finally made it to the craft store, the dollar store, and Wal-Mart hunting for crafting supplies. Why is it that I can NEVER find what I am looking for? I found some items, but I am ready to give up on some of the others! My daughter's 8th birthday is coming up and so I thought I would make her some things this year. On my list to do: sew some American girl doll clothes from old clothes, paint and cover wooden letters in paper to spell her name, paint an old wooden nick knack shelf to store her fairies, and paint/decorate another shelf for her small items. Hopefully I can accomplish some of these things! And hopefully she will like them!  My husband and I still aren't sure if we are having a b-day party for her. Quite frankly, I am tired of all the family drama that comes with having one. More or less, I am tired of the disappointment, but as my hubby says "why get upset about things you can't control?" Easier said than done, I feel. Anyway, we bought tickets to take the kids to Adventure Aquarium for her birthday. We'll still get her a cake, but I don't know if I have it in me to have a family party; especially with it being a week from Easter. 

Speaking of Easter, I can't wait to start decorating!! It's my favorite holiday. I love all the colors and the feel of Spring with the flowers blooming.  I already have a wreath started, but it's still a work in progress. All I can say is it has lavender feathers and some glittered items!! I love glitter right now!

On to other news; we are selling my beloved, now broken down Tiburon. It's white with black leather interior and a sun roof, and I loved it when I bought it. It was my first purchase after getting my first good job; way before we ever thought about having kids. I use to drive it too fast and play the music too loud, and it was GREAT!  It reminds me of being young and free and I will really miss it. I know, I am way too sentimental about things, but that's just how I am. We bought a used Dodge Ram which my husband will be driving most of the time. I told him I need to drive it in an empty parking lot first before I will drive it on the road to see if I can back the thing up! I haven't driven a truck this size since my dad taught me how to drive in his truck forever ago! LOL! I'm glad he is finally able to have his manly truck, though. We are already planning projects for warmer weather now that we have a truck bed to haul stuff!  

Well, my arm is sore from typing...time to go check to see if my picture frame is done drying so it can be GLITTERIZED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment