Friday, June 29, 2012

Good days!

Despite the scorching heat, I've been really enjoying hanging out with the kids this week. This is the same house I lived in with my Dad, my brother, my uncle, and my grandparents when I was little so it reminds me of the hot days playing outside with my little brother.  I taught my 5 year old son to cast a fishing rod. I cut the hook off his little Superman fishing rod and tied a wiffle ball to the end. It's just the right weight to make it easy for him to cast and it made it easier to get it out of the tree branches he kept getting it stuck in. Of course my 8 year old daughter wanted to practice casting too, so I did the same thing with her Barbie rod.  I use to love fishing as a kid. When my brother and I were in our tween years, we would load up our tackle boxes with our Dad's tackle, and spend the day fishing in the creek near our house.  Right now the kids are running in the sprinkler and going down the slide I put into their kiddie pool!

I recently won a kit from one of my new favorite designers. She isn't new to designing; I just found her blog not to long ago. That's one of the great things about digi scrapping. Sometimes I am amazed by finding someone new and I love the new inspiration! Here is the kit I won and some pages I made with it so far. One was for a speed scrap and another was with a free template from Trixie Scraps' blog. There are some amazing freebies to be found there! Here is her blog if you are interested: http://blog.trixiescraps.com/






Just found out my LO from "Proud To Be Patriotic" was nominated for LOTW at Funky Playground Designs!! That definitely made my day! Thank YOU!!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all enjoying your summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment