Friday, April 13, 2012

FINALLY! Some Spring weather!

It was 64 and sunny today and it was wonderful!  It finally felt like Spring after the cold, windy weather we had for the last 2 weeks or so.  I mowed the grass for the first time this year. It took    
forever because it was so high, and I realized when I was only a quarter of the way through, that I am SOOO out of shape! We have a fairly large yard and a push mower...and not the self-propelled kind, either!! I wish we had sidewalks on our street so I could get back into running. The cars travel way to fast to fun along side the road without a sidewalk.
 After my daughter go home from school, the 5 of us went to a local family-owned greenhouse and bought tomato, pepper, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, brussel sprout, and strawberry plants. We have always had success with all of these (if the darn groundhogs don't eat it) except I have never tried to grow strawberries before. I have one of those topsy-turvey planters to try to grow them in so we will see. We also bought a few snapdragons and a gorgeous orange calla lily. They are my absolute favorite! And we bought basil and oregano to add to the potted parsley and chives that came up from last year. I still want to find some dill.

Overall, it was a great day and tomorrow it is suppose to be even warmer! I can't wait to get everything in the vegetable garden and possibly dig another flower bed under the weepy cherry that was my grandmother's. (We live in the home that has been in my family for over 50 years!) I wonder what other projects I can come up for the wonderful weather! Gonna go scrap some pages!!

No comments:

Post a Comment